Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Taking care of a couple of matters of business and a recipe, thanks for stopping by

 


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


First off, Jenn and Mama Karen have graciously given me the Blogging Star Award. I am very humbled to receive such an award. I am just a Mom who enjoys this venue of being connected with other homeschoolers.  There are so many great blogs out there and so many that I glean information from. When I think of a blogging star it is someone who posts with a purpose, some one whose personality really comes out through their blogs. Jenn and Karen are those kinds of bloggers. I am not passing this award on at this time as most of the people I would pass it along to have already received the award.


I know there was another matter of business that I was meaning to post about but it has gone away from me at this time. So, on to the recipe....


I changed our breakfast from an all out country breakfast to:


Hash Potato Pie


5 large eggs


1/2 cup milk


3 cups hasbrowns (country style)


1/3 cup green onions


1/2 tsp. salt


1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce


1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (divided, 1 cup in, 1/2 cup on top)


4 slices cooked bacon


350 degree oven


Beat eggs and milk, add potatoes, green onions, pepper sauce and 1 cup of cheese and 1/2 of bacon.


Pour into greased pie pan.


Bake for 30 minutes.


This is a great recipe, I have used it for years, especially for brunches. We are still having biscuits and gravy as they are my sweethearts favorite and I have not made them in a while. And we are still having cooked apples.


We are eating alot of cheese for some reason this week, who knows why, just bad planning on my part I guess. Maybe I am in the cheese mood! I need to put cheese on the grocery list!


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Jenn & MamaK. You are a star. Especially for always sharing those yummy recipes. My husband will love this one. Thanks for sharing!


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make something like that for Christmas. It's a favorite for sure. And you are a star! You encourage others and you are a faithful blogger, if not a blogging maniac like me! (lol)Maybe that is the real award I need! Oh, and will we get to see your nature journal one day?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete