Monday, October 8, 2007

An arctic entry way --edited portion in italics

I have looked online for a picture of an arctic entry way and came up empty all the way around. So, in my own not so great words I will do my best to explain. The purpose of an arctic entry way is to keep cold air out of the house and to keep the warm air in the house. It is kind of like an enclosed porch but then not really. It is nothing like a breezeway. It is actually a room, small as it may be, with the intended purpose of keeping the cold out of your heated living space. Very handy when it is -40 degrees. Kind of like an entrance to some stores. Forgive me for not remembering how stores in the lower 48 are, I have not been out of Alaska in over 4 years. Most stores here do not just open to the outside, you actually go through two sets of doors to enter. Usually the carts are stored there.  Usually an arctic entry has no windows only a door and you go in and shut that door then open the entry to the house. Make sense? I hope so. We do not have an arctic entry, but in the winter we mainly enter our home through the garage.


May the Lord find us faithful.

5 comments:

  1. ...I believe that most people would understand what you're describing, is also called a breezeway. At least down here in these parts! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! I am getting us ready for co-op this morning and waiting on the furnace guy to come for a tune up. I feel rested from a slower day yesterday. The Lord is faithful and heard my cry!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where is this going to be? Next to the garage? Or on the side by your living room? Just curious.


    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! It will be so nice to have one. I sure wish I was getting one too! All in time good time right?


    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can visualize your artic entry way from your post and it makes perfect sense to have one.

    Blessings to you, MamaK

    ReplyDelete