Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cheeseball

I have had this recipe sitting in my "want to try" recipe pile for 3 years! Now, I am kicking myself for not making this sooner. I think my friends want to kick me too!
So, here it is:

Chocolate Chip Cheeseball

1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 TBSP brown sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Variety of graham crackers or cookies

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Place into plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Refrigerate at least 1 more hour. Just before serving roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm! That sounds delicious! The boys and I are heading to town next week, so I'm going to add chocolate chips to the list (only a little bag so I don't get carried away. :) )
    I'll get back to posting recipes and such when we get home late next week.
    God bless,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete