Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where does the time go?

We are all still around here, we are getting into the daily schedule and routine of life for this season of life.We are progressing in our schooling and have finished the first 6 weeks of school. The 7th week has held many interruptions, some welcome, some not... I will get to that later. I will first, catch up from last week. Our Winter Promise Hideaways in History readings were about Greeks and Romans. We were supposed to build a trojan horse but we will do that tomorrow, remember I said interruptions. We did attempt to see what clothing would be like with wearing chiltons.


September2008079.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


September2008080.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


We are planning on building that trojan horse tomorrow.


The weekend brought a birthday celebration for blessing #3. I cannot believe she is a year older.


She wanted to decorate her own cake and with everything else going on what a blessing that my girls are old enough to do these types of things with minimal assistance.  This isn't the best picture but she enjoyed putting her cake together. She chose to make a cake with a log cabin and a tree... go figure, but it is what we had.



One of our birthday "traditions" is to let the birthday person choose colors, themes, etc. for their birthday table. Then, I and others help get it all decorated after the birthday person goes to bed. Then, they get a "surprise" in the morning when they wake up.  Here is what she chose.


September2008083.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


On the celebratory day, Dad made breakfast  and presents were opened.


 


September2008097.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


She asked for a gun for her birthday, so Dad was more than happy to get that for her. She also recieved a gift from brother and sister that they picked out and purchased, and she also asked for some new scrapbook supplies (we are very balanced women in our home, we can shoot a gun, but we enjoy our cooking and crafting) After breakfast we bake the cake and then the birthday girl wanted to do a little shopping with some birthday money that was burning a hole in her wallet. When we came home, we made frosting and got to work on the cake decorating.


September2008100.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Then, Dad and children went to try out the new gun and I was able to take a nap!!!


Then, dinner and cake and ice cream.


The proud cake maker.


September2008106.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Now onto this week.....


This week of school has been hit and miss with birthday day off for the birthday girl, battling colds (most of us) I have not come down with a full blown cold but wake up every morning with a sore throat and I really don't want to do anything. But, we trudge on.


Monday evening our friends arrived back in Alaska and their first stop was here to drop off their trailer, two blessings and two dogs. It was so good to see them and visit for a while. There was no school on Tuesday due to the extra kiddos and a lot of catch up playing. The afternoon held dentist appointments and grocery shopping for us. That's when I knew that blessing #1 was really not doing well. He has a barky, dry cough and just plain looked worn out. He spent today on the couch or my bed and didn't complain a bit about not being up and about (he has said many times he doesn't know how those kids sit at school all day, he enjoys moving) So, I took today as a catch up day and got the kitchen and dining rooms cleaned, made a crock pot of vegetable moose soup and did school work with the girls, read aloud a little with all and here I am finally getting caught up with a post at almost 11:00pm. Oh, yeah, I took a nap this afternoon as well. That rarely happens but seems to be becoming a needed event in my day every couple of days or so. (In this post alone, I have mentioned two naps)


Oh, yes, can you see my pregnancy ticker at the top of the page? I am 30 weeks, only 10 more weeks to go until we meet blessing #4. Now, if coming up with a real name were that easy.......


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe that girl is getting so big.......

    BTW, I have been wondering about the name????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday blessings to your sweet daughter! What a beautiful cake she/they made! I, too, have been sick this week, so I know the feeling of getting up and having to make yourself trudge on. On Monday, Grace was hoping I'd be too sick to teach school. Then later that night she asked me if I was sick because I did not cancel school. :-)

    Trudge on my friend! I am glad for this update. I was here yesterday hoping for some news.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and creative cake..I bet it tasted as good as it looked! mrs.V

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that your morning sickness didn't come up. You must be feeling better. I hope the viruses passed quickly. Have you had any snow yet? We've had a few fires. It is full-on fall here, but soon winter will be knocking at our door. We've seen a couple of snowflakes, but nothing all out.


    Hope you are having a good weekend.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete