Friday, October 10, 2008

Bear

Where? On my plate. Yes, I said on my plate. Yesterday evening we went to dinner at the home of some dear friends and we had black bear roast for dinner, it was delicious. My husband had had a bad bear experience years before we married so we have never done much with bear meat except maybe a little sausage, plus there haven't been that many bears brought home over the years, I think only a total of two. But I know that bear will be coming, it is kind of a "coming of age" first hunt for many a young fellow and I would think that within the next two years my oldest blessing will join the ranks as he has sat out at the bear stand for the past two years as a spectator and he always helps get the stand ready in the spring.


On a more everyday note, I had my OB check up today. Baby is measuring about 32 so a little larger than my 31 weeks. I personally do not think this a big deal since the baby could be all stretched out plus I was seen by the PA in the office today and not my OB Doctor, things are always a little different when a different person takes a look at ya. On a good note, I have not gained any weight in the past month. That always makes me happy, my weight gain is right where it should be. I am not nauseted any more but I can still take or leave food. I mainly eat for necessity sake. No gourmet dinners coming from my kitchen any time soon!!  I also received my pre-registration packet for the hospital, this is really happening. This whole pregnancy has seemed un real to me for some reason. I mean I am pregnant and not in denial of that fact, the baby is constantly moving but it just doesn't seem real that we will be adding a new family member in just a matter of 8-9 weeks. We'd better get things ready. The to-do list is long but I tried shopping at Wal-Mart today and there just isn't much gender neutral items out there. So, I have two sleep gowns with the elastic at the botttom (I love those for those first few weeks especially for thos middle of the night diaper changes when you are barely awake.), and a couple of packages of white onesies. I will begin picking up diapers next grocery trip. Oh, we must get a wipey warmer for those middle of the night changes as well. Daddy can't stand to change a baby with cold wipes. He is a good daddy that way.


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. From this end, pregnancies always seems to go so fast! It is very exciting to put together a layette and think about those sweet night time diaper changes. I am so glad that things are going well for you.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear???? Hmmmm.... I'm not sure if I could be brave enough to try it! lol!

    ReplyDelete