Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Academics update

This is week 11 here at our little home school.


In science, we have been studying birds. I stumbled across a great resource for our narrations in the form of mini-books for this lesson we are currently in. We are all enjoying them. At one point in time I attempted lapbooks but I found them rather bulky storage wise. I have since settled on 3 ring binder notebooks using many of the wonderful free notebook pages and lap books that I find online. I do admit to being quite frugal so I first look at what I can glean from the generosity and creativity of others, using my favorite homeschool resource, the internet.


History:  We continue through Ancient History using Mystery of History. Our Winter Promise study this week is Roman persecution of Christians and the ruin of Jerusalem. The study we are going through is an overview of History from the beginning until now so we are moving through quite quickly.


We continue on with the three R's for each blessing, moving at their pace through the whole process.


I finally took the time to sit down with the typing program I purchased a month ago and got that going for the blessings. It is nice to have something that blessing #3 can come do since she finishes her school work first being as she has the least amount of work to accomplish each day. Oh, the joys of first grade!!! I love preschool and miss those "fun" preschool days, good thing I will have another blessing to go through preschool. Yahoo!!!


I need to get the camera out and place it next to my school chair, but honestly there isn't a whole lot going on right now to record through pictures.


I am continuing to take care of little neglected areas in our home. Tonight's chore was the oven. I think it will have to sit overnight but I will go check it as soon as I finish here. Some day we will have an oven that cleans itself....but I am thankful that this one keeps holding on to life for us. And, my husband is clearing out the garage tonight so the van can park inside!!! I love having a garage and with -18 degrees this morning, it is time to get into the garage. He had to wait until after his return from hunting so he could prepare and then put away all of his hunting gear.


Prayer request:  A man we know was mauled by three bears while out hunting on Kodiak Island (far from here), he is in the hospital and it looks as though he will recover just fine but they are concerned over infection as he was out for two days after the attack before getting to the hospital.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment