Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday

Why do I still not enjoy cooking? Oh, I tried making homemade carmel apples today (which  didn't turn out as the recipe said, the carmel was too brittle, teeth breaking brittle, and I followed the recipe exactly) but to actually make a meal just does not happen with ease. Food only appeals to me when my blood sugar has dropped to an unhealthy level and I need to eat NOW! I am making homemade mac and cheese  tonight, but I never just make mac and cheese. I will make sure they eat some fruit or something with it and I will as well, but this just isn't like me.  I look forward to the cooking me that should return in only 7 weeks or so. We were blessed with a wonderful loaf of bread made with freshly ground wheat berries last night, we have enjoyed that today!


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. I have never made candied apples as an adult. I remember making them with my mom and sister. We'd have the job of opening the caramels and trying not to eat too many. Such a hard job for me! At least you recognize what's going on and know it is temporary. These are the last 7 weeks this little one will be this easy, I always tried to remind myself! At least I always thought they were easier inside than out!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete