Monday, October 13, 2008

This week

I had a request for pictures to be emailed to Kayla since she has not seen me pregnant and was having a difficult time remembering my pregnancy since she hadn't seen me. She also seemed a little concerned about my surgery so I also had O take a picture of my neck since. So, here I am at almost 32 weeks and me sticking my neck out!!! The scar doesn't look that bad.


October2008023.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


October2008018.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Oh, yeah, we also do more school than just building things around here. We are studying Zoology I, Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day using Apologia Elementary Science. We have been studying feathers, which is great timing as I was able to pluck quite a few off of a couple of ducks that my husband and son and my husband's friend brought home a few weeks ago.  Last week, we looked at how feathers on some birds, waterfowl, are "waterproofed". Our duck feathers were definitely freshly oiled before they met their demise and were later eaten by our friends. Okay, don't be all yuck and all that, it is a fact of life, plus, it would be worse if they hunted the ducks and the ducks were not eaten.


Getting water to test the feathers.


October2008012.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Dipping and looking at the feathers


October2008013.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Looking at the feathers


October2008016.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Today was Columbus Day and Dad was home so there wasn't formal school today, tomorrow we will get back to our regularly scheduled day. The blessings did get to spend all day with their Dad and I was able to get some much neglected house cleaning accomplished. I even sewed some game bags for my husband's upcoming hunting trip. Now, I am going to go sit on the couch and knit a little (I am making my first knitted clothing item, a cardigan for the baby!!!) to get to the point of needing help again, Wednesday evening I will get further instructions when I get to my "sticky" stopping point. Some day I will be able to knit socks!! It will take a while but I will get there. Goals, we must have goals.


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. Kayla was glad to see the pics. I can't for the socks, maybe I will live where it is cold again and can use some =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look radiant. :-) And I am surprised that you are wearing a short sleeved shirt in your winter climate. :-) I hope to buy that curriculum for Chirstmas. Looks fantastic! Although, we may start with the first book. Did you do that one last year?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the pic! I really hate hearing this about right now, but I'm going to say this to you anyway.....you look adorable! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Dare I guess a boy? heehee

    ReplyDelete