Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday, I am posting finally!

I have gotten a couple of emails that have "hinted" to the fact that I need to post. So, here it is. I was busy all day yesterday with getting back on track from the weekend (aka. a little house clean up), school and making meals to take to some who need meals from our church.  Then we were gone all evening delivering meals and we had a couple of errands that needed to be done while we were in "town". Plus I went to bed early last night and slept a long ten hours! I was amazed when I woke up. One question, why is it that I have a tough time waking up? I always have, even after ten hours I have  a tough time waking up. I still pushed snooze this morning (which went off at the 9 1/2 hour mark) now, I should have woke up easily. Easy waking up never happens for me. I have to lay there for a while before I can get up. My sweetheart just sits up and gets out of bed, he also falls asleep in about 15 seconds!  At least I can sleep, some have a rough time doing that. Let's move on....


This weekend was fairly uneventful. We will take that and enjoy it.  I did get a little more reorganization work accomplished in a couple of areas, still more to do but it will happen. I rarely have time to complete this during the week and use Friday and Saturday for this type of work.


Sunday was Church and Super Bowl, then back to Church. We were glad New York won, if nothing more for moral and ethical reasons.


Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better post prepared. Oh, is my crock pot working, you bet. I had salmon quiche on the menu but that did not work for me today, so we are having soup, which is cooking away in the crock pot. Then tonight I am going to put some moose ribs into the crock pot for tomorrow's dinner. We found out that they need a longer cooking time for the best taste. Can you believe that in all these years we have never eated moose ribs? We ground the meat for burger. We had someone tell us they were good so we tried it once, so far so good. This will only be our second attempt. The ribs are out in the -30 freezer.


It has been cold and I have been in cold mode, just wanting to stay by the fire (especially today, actually 10 hours of sleep is too much for me and I am feeling the consequences today). I must go do some laundry so I must  get moving.


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. I never thought of putting our moose ribs in a crock pot!! I guess because they are so big..we chopped them in half, seasoned them, and cooked them in the oven at 250 for 4 hours covered..then put sauce on them, and left the cover off for 30 minutes at 350..hmmm! The meat shrinks off the bone by then and you have boneless ribs..which is probably what you end up with anyway..do you take the meat off first and then put it in the pot? Wish I had some moose.:( We have a deer though. pv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big D and I are exactly what you described sleep-wise. And moose ribs...wow...I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it is a sleep disorder like sleep apnea? I pray that the Lord would give you, His beloved, sleep. Did you ever blog about what brought you to Alaska?


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are missed when this blog is silent! I hope your weather warms up a little. I liked what you called, "Cold Mode." Really. That is a good term. My crock pot is in constant work mode lately too. Yesterday is was BBQ chicken. Today it will be chicken and dumplings. Can you tell chicken was on sale? (lol) Have a good day, my friend!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete