Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quiet around here

It has been quiet here at my blog this week, maybe I just needed the quiet. Please pray for us over the next couple of weeks, we have some things going on that I just don't feel like sharing, so please just pray, the Lord knows what it is.


Now, here is an Alaska show and tell type picture. (My apologies to those who live here or have lived here, but inquiring lower 48 minds want to know!)


What is this?


January2008047.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


It is a bunny boot. My husband has worn these for 18 years and they are his favorite. He does not get cold feet even at cold temps. Of course if he is outside at -40 degrees, he isn't standing around, he is moving. It was difficult to find a good link to refer to these boots. As you can tell, these are well used boots for him. I have a black pair but the black ones are not as "good" as the white ones for some reason. But they are good enough for my, I am a hibernator when it is extremely cold, but they are great for slipping on if I do need to go outside or for when we snowmachine. When it is extremely cold I slip them on to ride to and from church with no socks, just my hose.


I had some one ask me a while back when we had a cold snap (and I am reminded because we are smack in the middle of another one) if we go to church when it is -40 or colder, my answer, yes. If my husband is home we go to church no matter what. If he is not home(sometimes he has to work on Wednesday evenings)  the blessings and I stay home at -30 degrees or colder. We do not plug in our van while at church, it simply isn't a long enough time to need to plug in. For us the only reason we do not attend church services is if some one is sick and then there is some one from our family who goes, one of us stays home with the sick or one of us is sick and the rest go to church. I have never had my children as me if we were going back to church on a Sunday evening or Wednesday night. In fact, if we have to miss due to sweetheart working and the temp. is lower than our cut off, or they are sick, they are not happy, they want to go to church.


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. I wear men boots too! They are better made and fit my big foot!!! I pray this cold snap passes soon. I think hibernating is a good idea!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete