Monday, February 18, 2008

Looking, searching, planning

As I look around the world, the less I want to be a part of it. There are so many things that are "out there" that I do not want to try, see or even know about. My husband says I live in a small world here at home and I gladly live here.


Just take last night, we went to Fred Meyer (walmart supercenter with better quality clothing and furniture) to look at the clearance clothing (which is take an extra 60%off clearance prices). Oh,my! How awful the clothing is for boys and girls. I have always been a bit pick as to what my blessings wear. No character clothing, minus a few winnie-the-pooh exceptions here and there. I have other criteria but I won't go into that right now. I have a boy blessing age 9 who is very skinny and sometimes still wears an 8 in things but some larger sizes are fitting into his wardrobe, a girl, 7, also very thin and wears a seven in most things and a 6 year old blessing who is not skinny but not chunky either, she is like baby bear's bed, just right! That puts us in a horrible clothing arena, I only found one spring/summer/fall athletic style jacket for blessing #2 (7) and a hand full of shirts and the like for blessing #1. The clothing choices were pathetic. Thankfully, I can sew for the girls and I see more of that in my/our future. I guess I will have to be a more frequent shopper. I have just really began shopping in earnest for my blessings as when they were younger I had lots of hand me downs passed on but that slows as the years go by and the amount of clothing sent from relatives slows down as well. There are decent clothes out there I know, I just need to find them. But I have passed on my "pickyness" to blessing #2 and she is very particular about what she wears and it is all good and fine by me as it fits into my same particulars.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you. Lands End has great clothes for kids, but alas, they are expensive. They are worth it though.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you will just have to make a trip here so we can go shopping for the blessing at The Children's Place and other stores in the Lower 48. Kayla ask me all the time when is her Marmey coming......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you too! Right now I'm shopping for modest swimwear (ie - more fabric than 2 hankerchiefs). We did find some nice "surf outfits" (kinda like capris & full neck to waist coverage) in a catalog, but they are $43/ea (on sale) and I need two. Yikes. I wouldn't mind paying the money if only they would last + the girls wouldn't grow. I wish I could sew.

    ReplyDelete