Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend up date

"Thank goodness I was never sent to school, it would have rubbed off some of the originality" - Beatrix Potter


I found that quote on a blog I read and I just had to post it here, and you know that is one of my goals, to keep the originality. Speaking of Beatrix Potter, I bought the movie Miss Potter last Tuesday when it was released. I loved that movie! It is just my kind of movie. I love the clothes, the scenery, the story, the life, the art, the imagination.


Our day: We spent the day with some friends that are in town visiting for a few weeks. We were/are very close with these friends and it has been three years since they moved. We had a great day, we picked up our friends this morning at my friend's sister's house, then we picked  up another friend and we headed to the play ground. The kids played and my friend and I caught up, there really wasn't too much to catch up on as we talk at least weekly, but it was just great to sit and talk face to face. I had packed a picnic lunch of fruit and veggies, cheese, ham, crackers, nuts and waters. We talked and grazed and the kids played and grazed. Then we loaded them up and went to Pioneer Park and rode the train and carousel and walked around and ate ice cream.  Tomorrow they are coming out to our house to play here.  So, I need to get finished with this post and get my house cleaned, I was away Thursday-Saturday and rested on Sunday, so there are many things to do before I get to bed!


May the Lord find us faithful.


 

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a really fun time and I wish you a great day today as well!


    Miss Potter is out? Oh, I've been waiting for that. I'll have to go find it. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They finally got our satellite internet hooked up last night, so I can come visit your blog now. Yay! I love Beatrix Potter too. We have "The Tale Of Peter Rabbit" on video and it is narrated by Carol Burnette.


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, is it Tammy visiting? If so, please tell her hi from me......... Oh, Kayla loved the picture of Otis's pineapple tree. She had her dad come in from outside to look at it. Yesterday in the car, she said is Mr. Otis coming too? Guess she was thinking about you coming in. We measured her Sunday night. 5'9'', can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete