Saturday, June 9, 2007

Our travels

It was a fast six days while the grandparents were here! They arrived late one night and we were up early the next morning to hit the rails!June2007010.jpgHere are the blessings waiting for Me and Gramma to get things together and load up. My wonderful husband took us to the train depot and dropped us off. June2007299.jpg 


June2007310.jpgJune2007319.jpg Here I am on the train, a rare thing to have a picture of me, I usually take all the pictures.


We then rode the train to Denali National Park Depot. My still wonderful husband drove to Denali and met us. We looked around at the visitor center and ate lunch, then we loaded up in the van and headed south to Anchorage. As soon as we got to the hotel, we all jumped in the pool. June2007139.jpg We spent two nights in Anchorage and then headed across the Glenn Highway  to Valdez June2007164.jpgWe stopped at Worthington Glacier for pictures and to see some snow, my dad could not believe there was snow on the ground, we were at a higher altitude! June2007166.jpg Our next stop before reaching Valdez wasKeystone Canyon and Bridal Veil and Horsetail Falls.June2007172.jpg  June2007378.jpg


While in Valdez we went on a Day Cruise, we saw Dall's porpoise June2007191.jpg Whales,


June2007220.jpg Here are two whales blowing.


I cannot remember which kind, I slept most of the cruise, I was exhausted from late nights and early mornings.


June2007256.jpg And Stellar Sea lions. On the way home they got a good view of the Trans Alaska pipelineJune2007297.jpg It was a fast and furious trip but we had fun and spent many hours driving and laughing. We have so many fun memories, we took over 400 pictures total so this is definitely just the highlights!


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. You got some GREAT pictures, and I'm glad you had a good time. We're headed to NY for the summer shortly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Alaska someday! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your vacation photos! I told someone else today that her blog pictures were creating a desire in my heart to go to the British Columbian coast. I think I will have to go to Alaska again after Canada. (Only in my dreams, I am afraid. I guess we all need dreams!)

    Blessings to you,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete