Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday

Day light: Lynn from over at homeschoolblogger.com/eclecticeducation asked about the long hours of daylight in the summer. Well, you just get used to it. We have a rollershade in our bedroom and in each room for the blessings. Plus, when my eyes are closed, it is dark . The one thing that gets us is that we all stay up later. It is really easy to be outside doing something and look at your watch and it will be 11:00pm, it is easy to get busy and there isn't darkness to tell you it is bed time. I think we have around 21 hours of daylight today! Plus, why make the blessings go to bed early when they can be outside playing!!


I have had a couple of anniversary questions as to what we did, well, the whole family went out to eat Sunday after church. My wonderful husband was working out of town this week, he actually went fishing after work that day! But, he planned ahead for his absence and gave me a wonderful anniversary early. He was really on top of things and thinking ahead. He is just so great! 


I am taking the weekend off from the computer, so I will be back to post again on Monday or Tuesday, I have some unfinished projects to complete this weekend and need a computer "fast" as well! Enjoy your weekend.


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend, too! And I think with your winters, I'd be outside as long as possible when it is nice.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Friend,

    A belated Happy Anniversary to you!

    It's hard enough here with the sun setting after 9 p.m. (our bedtime), our baby/teenage chicks are still learning to head for the coop in the evening and we still have to herd them in. I'm thinking once the days get a bit shorter, that will get easier. But I do love the longer days. I really need my sunshine and the short winter days are rather depressing. I think I would do well in Alaska in the summer, but probably not in the winter, but I guess I'd adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for answering my question. I bet it would be neat some of the time, and I guess I would get use to it.

    ReplyDelete