Thursday, June 7, 2007

Back

We made it home last night at 10:30 pm. The grandparents leave tonight so I will get pictures on the blog tomorrow (Friday). I have been catching up with most of you and look forward to reading what has been going on with everyone while I was away!


Prayer Request:


Last night on the way home, we came upon a few cars stopped where we were stopping to eat a sandwich. The men checked it out and it was a little 9 year old girl who had been shot in the neck by a .22. My dad, a nurse anethesist, stayed to help until the Army rescue helicopter came and got her loaded up to fly her out. My dad checked her vitals and he said she seemed fine and was hopeful that it was just a flesh wound. I do not know her name or where she was from, we literally came upon this scene in the middle of nowhere on the road. So, we were about 1 1/2 hours from the nearest town. Thank you for praying, I know you all will, you always do!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is awful. Of course, I'll pray. Glad your home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that you and your parents happened to come along just when they needed your help! Wow. God is an awesome God!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete