Friday, June 15, 2007

Made it through the day

When I felt completely overwhelmed emotionally yesterday, I stopped and prayed. I asked for God's strength ( the only way I could successfully function). I set two goals: 1. To be able to clear off a table that needed to be cleared off and 2. To be able to cook dinner and make sandwiches for my husband's fishing trip. As soon as the guys were out of the driveway we popped pop corn, put on our pajamas and watched a movie. When the movie was over the blessings went to bed and I went to my bed to watch a movie that I had planned to watch. I really needed that time to do nothing.  I feel much better today and I am thankful for that.


Today, we are off to town for lunch with a friend and to do some planning for a project the two of us are working on. Then a little shopping for Father's Day, then home!!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. 60 degrees!

    It's almost 90 here!

    I am enjoying your blog.

    I like 'down time'. Doing too much, can get me grouchy!

    I enjoy reading about Alaska and how it is different there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Have a good day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good day! The jammies part sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling all too well. And then through in some hormones and I am a crying mess! That was me last Monday, anyway! I am glad you stopped and asked the Lord for help. He delights in helping us!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete