Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fourteen Years

My wonderful husband and I have been married for fourteen years today. If I had not been so busy visiting with my out of town friend today I would have scanned a picture of us from our wedding day. If I am home tomorrow I will do so. June 29th will mark my fourteenth year in Alaska. I came here sight unseen and can definitely say I like living here, although a new subdivision is being planned right across the street and I am not thrilled about that but that has nothing to do with living in Alaska. I must go get my blessings to bed and take a shower. I started digging for my addition to my front flower bed today. I am adding a tree and working on digging out the rest of the bed this summer. I have a couple of hostas to plant and I plan on digging up some "wild" perinneals form our yard to put into my bed (gardening on the cheap). I am going to buy a tree though. I am going to have my friend help me pick one out while she is in town.


May the Lord find us faithful.

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FRIEND! Hope you have many more years of happiness together.


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 14th anniversary! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have been there to watch the kids......You are catching up with us........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the tree was a victim of wind. I don't see any burn marks to indicate lightening. I don't know how I slept through that!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more thing, you guys are getting less than 3 hours of darkness? That must have been weird to get use to! I knew you got less darkness in the summer the farther north you went, I guess I just didn't realize you were quite that far north.

    ReplyDelete