Monday, March 31, 2008

Our dog

Our dog, Emmy, went missing for about 5 1/2 hours today.


(Here is Emmy running around the blessings some time this winter. )


January2008008.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


This is not a good thing. We have always purposed to be responsible dog owners, realizing that if a dog is not home under our watchcare, she could be a nuisance to someone else. Where was she? I have no idea, I walked a while calling for her and looking for her, then we drove through around looking for her. She finally showed up while I was washing the girls hair. Emmy used to run off regularly if we did not keep on her. She has not done this for so long that I cannot remember the last time she left, and she has never been gone this long. She will be leash walked for a while during the day while my sweetheart is at work. I do not know where she was but I am very thankful that she returned home. First thing tomorrow morning would have been a call to animal control. Glad that does not have to happen. I am also glad she came home as blessing #1 begins testing tomorrow and I would not want him to have that on his mind.


I will probably be hit or miss the rest of the week due to the testing and being out of the home for that.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. We had a dog like that when I was growing up. This dog would run away for weeks though. And he would always come back smelling like skunk, and full of porcupine quills. Then one day he ran away, and never returned. It was sad. I am glad yours came back!


    blessings,

    Ali

    ReplyDelete