Thursday, November 24, 2011

This and That

This post does show that I really do try to keep it real.

Elisabeth received a new coat for Sundays.

101_5427

I have already posted that my husband had an emergency trip to be with family during his Dad’s surgery and hospitalization, and that before he left he brought home a cake to celebrate my birthday a day early so he could be there.

Here are the pictures. puffy eyes and end of the day hair and all. I tried to persuade my husband to not take pictures but he insisted, I am glad he did.  Here I am trying to keep Benjamin out of the cake and talk to Elisabeth.

101_5435

Benjamin blew out the candles, I just pretended with him. He likes to blow out candles. At a friends house today he wanted to blow out her scented candle…no birthday cake under there son.

Yes, I asked for a waffle maker,my Blessings like waffles.

101_5436

Now onto Thanksgiving…pie. Since it was just the Blessings and myself we chose a couple of pies to make…they chose chocolate and cherry. Elisabeth and I worked on the chocolate and Judith and I made a cherry pie.

 

Chocolate pie

101_5460

Cherry Pie

101_5467

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...apparently I need some meringue lessons. Mine was pitiful this year. Recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pies.

    I made the mistake of making a pie with my 2 yr old while the girls were naughty...to many distractions, and pie failure!

    So glad the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birthday pictures, how fun. And the pies look yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete