Thursday, November 17, 2011

Glasses

What a weekend we had. On Friday as Judith was going outside to ride snow machine she somehow broke her glasses. It was Veteran's Day so I figured that the office would be closed but it was worth a try...hooray they were opened. Of course, the glasses could not be temporarily repaired and they kept them. Big mistake on my part, the child gets headaches without her glasses. Ugh!
But never fear, Saturday night Levi's glasses broke. Double whammy! Monday afternoon I took Levi in to get the ball rolling on his glasses replacement and informed the optician that I had to have Judith's glasses back pronto. Those precious ladies found some duck tape and she has a duck taped bridge to connect her glasses. They still fall apart but she can wear them to read and keep the headaches to a minimum. So, if you see a couple of kids walking around with duck tape and packing tape holding their glasses together, they are mine. Don't make fun of them....

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor thing. Glad you could get them back. Will you eventually get new ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...it is time to get disposable contacts I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prescription sunglasses have been held together by black electrician's tape for a year! At least the tape matches the glasses. I need to get a second pair, probably.

    ReplyDelete