Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Raspberry Picking

Today we picked raspberries. We went with friends to a secret, loaded berry area and we picked close to two gallons of berries. I will be making jam with what we picked today.

Picking berries with friends

101_4498101_4505

Tailgate lunch

101_4506

Boys and their last effort to pick before they could pick no more.

101_4513

Benjamin staying safe while the truck drove past.

101_4518

We got rained on twice and we were all muddy and wet when we finished up but well worth the mess.

6 comments:

  1. Do you have to worry about bears? I have one scrappy raspberry bush that has not produced one berry since moving here. I think it is time to end my misery. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just discoved my love for anything raspberry. Enjoy your raspberry jam - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raspberry jam is our favorite! My kids LOVE it in their oatmeal. I could make a pot every morning and they would eat every bit.

    Picking berries together is a lot of fun. Our local orchard offers blueberries and blackberries. It's a summer tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of fun, and I bet your jam is yummy. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you will do a post on making your jam from all those wonderful berries that you picked! :)

    I'm glad that you and your family had a good time, despite the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to beg and bribe you to take me next year!

    ReplyDelete