Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 4 The Drive Home

Fishing boats on Sunday morning. Good bye Valdez. We loaded up the gear, stopped for fuel and began our journey home.
101_4441
Levi was out, dramimine after late nights and early mornings will do this to you.
101_4443
Elisabeth doesn’t sleep unless it is night or she is sick, she was neither here so she  was enjoying the ride.
101_4444
Judith took a little rest.
101_4445
Daddy was entertaining Benjamin or keeping himself awake or both. Curious George was driving the truck.
101_4446
101_4448
This is the “we just passed the halfway home mile marker” celebrating. Half way home!
101_4450
That long drive from Valdez to North Pole sure helped me get caught up and ahead for my 90 day Bible reading challenge!

4 comments:

  1. How far is it? I will have to google that. :-) I don't mind long drives too much. It is usually 2 or 3 hours both ways to our camp sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drive home is 364 miles, so about 7 hours. Crazy I know but that is Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I would probably be happy at the half way point too. When I was a kid I could sleep for hours when traveling. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete