Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Please pass the bear meat" ??? Really

"Please pass the bear meat." might not be a request that many people hear at the dinner table. But today, that very statement was said at house at least three times.
Yep, we had bear meat for lunch today, bear tenderloin to be exact. My wonderful husband and a friend were out on some pre moose hunting business and came across a black bear. This black bear was literally gorging himself on blue berries (no, he did not taste like blueberries!).
Talk about knowing where your dinner comes from, I think he was an organic bear. We had chicken fried bear tenderloin, green beans and new potatoes (from our garden), and cornbread. Yummy!
In the past I have been an avid avoider of bear meat, today I decided to embrace the bear or ingest the bear? Anyway, Benjamin thought eating bear meat was great, when he wasn't shoveling in green beans.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I would probably at least give it a taste. Did you like the bear meat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like the bear meat this go around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it was the blueberries that made it more tasty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have missed that Alaska experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a package of ground bear waiting to become tacos.

    ReplyDelete