Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Looking through


I was looking through pictures tonight and found this picture of my wonderful husband. I really like this picture because it so shows the real him. He is always happy, clear conscience I say. Or it might just be that fact that he had just returned from a duck hunting trip with Levi and Poppa last fall, which reminds me, moose and duck season open in a few days!



One thing I have not shared on my blog is that for the past eight years my husband has traveled regularly with his job. Thankfully, the majority of his travel happened Monday through Thursday, so we still had three days a week together as a family. It wasn't the ideal life for us but we managed fine and learned to survive and he wasn't gone every week, just two or three weeks a month. All that changed a little over a month ago! He was able to make a change to a position that does not have the same amount of travel. It took a couple of the kids a few weeks to stop asking if Dad would be gone this week, but now they are getting used to the fact that Dad is home. None of our kids remember a time that he didn't travel. I have  noticed that I am a little more on top of my game in some areas of homekeeping and I dare say that the laundry load has increased slightly. I will gladly do an extra load or two a week if it means that smiley man will be home.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful! Eight years is a long time. I know my "game" slips a little during tax season. I bet he can't wait to get a moose. Did you empty your freezer of the last one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our freezer isn't empy yet but only because he got a winter moose this past year, but we have almost gotten it all eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have your family together more. Thanks for the great fellowship last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, you are welcome. We haven't been able to have people over as we would like due to his travel.

    ReplyDelete