Friday, May 6, 2011

Today

Friday is normally a day for running errands, working around the house or for others. Friday is usually the first day of our three day weekend as my wonderful husband works four tens. Since I had the curriculum fair this week for two days, he switched his day off and only took one day of leave which means he is working today. That leaves the Blessings and I in an odd feeling day. Breakfast just wasn't right.
I am taking this day as a cleaning day and boy is there a lot to do. The winter boots have been boxed up and the coats and snow pants have been or are waiting to be hung up for the summer. We will keep finding hats and mittens for a bit longer but those are easy to put away as they never get too far out of reach because come October we will need them again.
Judith's closet has been gone through and there is a whole basket of things to go through. I don't even want to think about going through Benjamin's clothes, that isn't happening today. Thankfully we are still wearing pants and long sleeves outside, although, I went out to hang laundry in short sleeves and capris and I wasn't cold but I wouldn't want to stay out there all day like that.
And that brings me to wondering why my children often move as slow as molasses.

1 comment:

  1. Glad u had a good day even though it was different.

    ReplyDelete