Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mother Daughter Tea

 

Saturday morning the while the guys headed off to the ball field, the girls got all dressed up and went to the annual Mother/Daughter Tea at church.

Here are the girls.

 

101_3591

A friend of mine and I created this fruit display for the tea. I was thankful for the opportunity to get to do something like this. I haven’t had much time to do some of these creative joint ventures with my dear friend.

Just a few random pictures of the girls enjoying the tea.

101_3616101_3621101_3622101_3627101_3630

6 comments:

  1. Impressive! I bet that was fun to make. And eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to make but I definitely know what I will do differently next time. That container was huge for one thing but there were only two smallish paper plates of leftover fruit when all was said and done so we obviously needed that much fruit. We are also thankful that the fruit was all very yummy and that is a challenge here in Alaska most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,

    Oh, what a lovely tea! I really like the fruit display. You made that? Oh my goodness! You are are very talented! I think I would get the fruit all mushy just trying to carve shapes out of it.

    Looks like your daughters has a good time. :)

    Blessings,

    -L. Rose

    P.S. I like your new blog header. It's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog header compliment, I have been waiting for some summer pictures to play with.
    The fruit, we use cookie cutters for the flowers and everything else is just wedged or let in its natural state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks great. Very creative. And I like the new header, nice. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea was so much fun! Thanks for helping make it special.

    ReplyDelete