Monday, October 4, 2010

90 days --completed

Back in the summer I kept seeing blog posts about reading the Bible in 90 days. Caught my attention and then I let it go...I kept seeing the posts so I went to the source, Mom's Toolbox. I read and thought and prayed about this.  I took the challenge. Now what?

I printed the schedule and put it in my Bible.

Some days were a challenge to get the reading done. It was summer so I could read outside while the kids played. I tried to keep ahead to stay on track over the busy summer weekends. I also used the Bible on CD for those times I got behind or needed to stay on track.

What did I learn?

  • I do not read enough of the Bible on a daily basis

  • 90 days was too fast for me during this  season of my life


Would I do this again?

Yes, but not right away, maybe next year.

This was a great experience and I am glad to have taken the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, finishing that goal! I usually read through the Bible every other year, and by October or November I am usually ready to dig in a little more. 2011 is my year to read through, but I don't know, with a baby. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! I didn't know you had decided to do a 90 challenge..."challenge" is right! I should finish mine the week of Thanksgiving. Anyway, good for you; the Lord will bless the effort.

    ReplyDelete