Saturday, October 30, 2010

My new favorite peanut butter cookie recipe

I love peanut butter cookies. I have had this recipe in my "Recipes to try" file for a few years. We finally got around to trying this one a few weeks ago. Here it is:

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies

1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 cup raw sugar (I use evaporated cane juice crystals)

1 large egg

In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and then gradually add small bowl mixture.

Spoon cookie dough into a 12 inch log on a piece of wax paper and roll it up a freeze for 3-4 hours until firm. (I put it in the fridge overnight)

Preheat oven to 35o degrees.

Remove wax paper and slice into 1/4 inch slices and arrange on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Leave about 1 1/2 inches between cookies. Bake about 15 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.

Makes about 48 cookies.

I am going right now to start this dough. Yummy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Peanut butter anything is my favorite! :-) So good to be back! I really missed blogland.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these Marmey, yummy!

    ReplyDelete