Thursday, July 19, 2007

Three posts in one day, now get up off of the floor

A while back I was reading my regular blogs and read about this Beatrix Potter birthday tea party idea and decided to participate. So, here are my party plans:



  • I just requested about 10 books from the library either about Beatrix Potter or by Beatrix Potter, including one video.

  • Color choices: I hope to find some watercolorish greens, oranges and browns

  • I think I have a table cloth here that will work well with that theme

  • Food: Chicken salad sandwiches, carrots(of course), spinach and broccoli and maybe peas from the garden(if enough), fruit (berries) and yogurt parfaits, carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, lemonade to drink

  • We also have a really cool tea party set that we will use that day, it is green and purple

  • We will read Beatrix Potter books and watch the video from the library


That is all I can think of for now. I really recommend renting or buying the movie Miss Potter about her life. I am not sure as to the correctness of the whole movie but not knowing much about her life the movie was great.


May the Lord find us faithful.


 


 

3 comments:

  1. Yum. I can't wait to read how it turns out!


    -kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my daughter was little we use to have lots of tea parties. Also, one of her favorite movies was by Beatrix Potter called Peter Rabbit. It starred Carol Burnett as quite a few of the voices. Your party sounds like fun!


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. ByHisGraceInColoradoJuly 24, 2007 at 6:31 AM

    My daughter had a Beatrix Potter party, I will have to post the pics, it was so cute! She had one little friend over and she did all the preparations herself. Also, go over to Jill Novaks site, "The Gift of Family Writing" and get a copy of her daughters CD of Beatrix Potter---it is a wonderful monologue of her portraying Beatrix. You will so love it!


    I came by here to thank you for entering my contest for my haircutting ebook. I did pick a couple of winners last night and also am lowering the price a bit for all those who came by and commented :)


    Thank you so much!

    Have a blessed day,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete