Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy Birthday

We have started a birthday tradition this year that I think we will hold for many years,we no longer do the whole "birthday party" thing. We have a family day instead. The birthday person chooses breakfast, lunch and dinner and determines the theme of the day. Today was all about football. The blessings have also started opening their presents first thing in the morning.


July2007047.jpg 


Here is blessing #1 first thing this morning.


The biggest present was these Steiner binoculars:July2007058.jpg My husband got a really good deal on these. Then we had a late breakfast and my sweetheart and the birthday boy we off for the afternoon. They went shopping and out to lunch.


I stayed home to catch up on laundry and clean the house and made this:


 


July2007065.jpg


Then, I made the requested dinner, homemade pizza


July2007084.jpg Here goes the first bite!


July2007067.jpg


Here he is practicing shooting his bow.


Here he is with his cake getting ready to blow out the candle (yes, he is wearing a football shirt)


July2007087.jpg(This cake is a little better than the turtle cake)


Getting a big breath,


July2007088.jpg


Okay, that is enough birthday talk. I cannot believe I have a 9 year old!!!!!


Now, here is a shrimp picture


July2007046.jpgAlaska  has five species of shrimp, I think this is a spot shrimp. My husband caught these a about a week ago.


May the Lord find us faithful.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Your cake looks de-lish. We do something similar with the meal choosing and they always choose pizza too- homemade barbeque chicken! How do Alaskans go to sleep when it is daylight for so long? My hubby has relatives there...somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family traditions. Your children will remember this forever. You did an excellant job on that cake! Very professional. Glad you all had a great day.


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's getting so big! Wait until you have a 13 year old! Yikes! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a lovely day! I love the idea of having a family day. Makes me wish we were not having a party on Sunday, but what is done is done. I am thinking of drawing the line in the sand with birthday parties after Trevor's in October. He's never had a birthday party and the others have always had them. Then it is going to be cut DOWN to size, all this celebrating! (Probably more than you wanted to know!)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't live near any of our extended family except my MIL who lives next door to us. We are able to do the immediate family thing without hurting their feelings. Most of our friends still do same aged parties. We prefer to spend the day with just our family. I usually take cupcakes or something to Sunday school on the morning near their birthday so they can kind of celebrate with friends.

    We also do the pick your favorite meals and favorite activities. It really is wonderful!


    It certainly looked like your big 9year old was having a great day! That cake was awesome! Wish you were closer so I could hire you to make our special design cakes!


    Blessings! Eva

    ReplyDelete