Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rainy day

Why is it that I want to do nothing on rainy days? I have had a blah day. I have managed to keep the laundry moving and I cleaned the family room but I spent a lot of time doing nothing in particular. But, I am an evening person and it is just getting to be evening.
I did make a huge pot of caribou soup with lots of veggies and pearl barley and white beans. The blessings ate that soup and I was able to freeze enough for another meal for us and one for my sweetheart to take when he works out of town next time.  I really want to start cooking double portions when making something "freezeable" to stock the freezer. Problem: we don't eat alot of "freezeable" meals in the summer, it is more meat on the grill some potatoes or pasta and salad. So, as cooler weather sets in I will start looking for freezer friendly meals. I do not think I could do the once a month cooking but making a double portion once or twice a week to build a freezer of healthy meals will really help once we get full force into school once again.


So, I guess I did do something today.


May the Lord find us faithful.


 

1 comment:

  1. Your soup sounds delicious. I can't make mine eat soup in the summer very easily. I hate heating up the kitchen too. That is a good idea about doubling up.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete