Thursday, August 3, 2006

Loyalty

We started Character Sketches a couple of weeks ago, we are not using it every day, just when we can. The first character lessons are on loyalty. One definition of loyalty is changing my schedule to meet the needs of others. I had to do that today.


I spent the last three days working in the kitchen at church to feed visitors for a conference. I had planned not to leave my house today, nor to do much at all but enjoy a day at home. Well, my husband had a change in his plans which meant a change in my plans. I had to go grocery shopping!!! Well, I did it with out complaining and I was okay. I did almost complain right before he left for his trip but I refrained and what a blessing it was for me not to complain for once. I am not saying this because my life is idealistic, my life is real and for one day I chose to be loyal to my husband. It was our only day home together this week. So, he is gone fishing and I am taking tomorrow off to have fun with my blessings. I think we might go swimming!!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment