Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Wedding and Making My Way Home

 Wedding week quickly came to the day of the wedding. 
Working on the bouquet for the bride, hydrangeas are temperamental flowers, just sayin', good thing they are beautiful flowers.
See the picture above, the Mother of the Bride's family and friends came out on Saturday morning to help set up. They were a huge blessing and what a work force. They came, they worked until I had to send them away because the to do list was complete. Gotta love our hometown folks.

Speaking of hometown folks, there were four of us from our graduating class at the wedding. The top picture is all of us from July 2009 an the bottom picture is from the wedding. Thankful to see friends.

The entrance to to the reception tent


The pergola type arch for the ceremony.

The Bride and Groom!

The Bride and Mom

The sign in table, the guest book was a Bible.

Favors and sparklers for the goodbye.

The centerpieces, blurry as they are. The table numbers were random numbers from the Bride and Grooms life together thus far, we did not have thirty-three tables.

The Bride's Granny and I, she sure doesn't look like a Granny. 

My people for the week, Michelle and two of her Grand babies, isn't this the cutest flower girl ever? 

These women, I had a great week with these women.
L to R: 
Daughter-in-Law of Michelle and Mom of the Grands, Pa-Pa (Patti, Mother of the Bride), Flower girl, Michelle

Cake table and picture display. I love that the cakes were different varieties and simple, can't say how much I like this over the traditional wedding cake.

 Getting these chairs lined up was a challenge but we had two people who stuck with it and got them just right.
A really cool sign listing where the guests traveled from, yes, I traveled the farthest.

The arch in progress

Another sign

I love this picture. After dark the flower girl was sleepy so her Nanny, Michelle, took her off to a quiet spot and got her to sleep. I joined them to sit down away from the noise and wait until I could start cleaning up. The wedding night was a super moon night, that was cool.

Sunday morning we got up and packed up and made sure everything was where it needed to be and we hit the road south. I was picked up by my cousin in Cincinnati and he took me to his house where he and his wife took care of me. We went to Sunday evening service at their church, we had dinner and I spent the night there. Time with family no matter how short is always time well spent. I am very thankful for their generosity. The next morning my cousin's wonderful wife drove me to the airport with a quick stop to pick up University of Kentucky shirts for my Blessings and I began my journey home.

Benjamin in his new UK shirt!

1 comment: