Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to All! A Catch Up Post

After Benjamin’s birthday and piano playing we took a few days of just living with no big plans, well, I attended the annual Ladies’ Christmas Tea hosted by my Pastor’s Wife.

On Thursday we had a precious time with The Brussels Sprouts. I am so thankful for blogging friends that have become real life friends, y’all are real people out there!

When we make gingerbread creations every year it often gets challenging to decide upon the next building challenge. And I use the word challenge lightly as we do not make professional or even beginner creations, we are somewhere about doggie paddling level, but we have fun and it is a tradition.

This year I came up with the idea of gingerbread nativity scenes.

First the Mommies built the stables, it was a peaceful, relaxing activity after we shooed all the Blessings away to play.

While the stables set we fed the masses lunch and then we set them loose to decorate the stables and the cut out gingerbread pieces that were brought to add.

 

Mommies working and to keep it real I even added a somewhat blurry picture with my eyes closed.

101_5890

A young Brussels Sprout lad enjoying cleaning his fingers! This little guy and my Benjamin are about a week apart and play so well together, such a blessing.

IMG_2262IMG_2263

If you want to see some better picture of our gingerbread nativity creations you can look here. 

 

The same evening we let the kids open their presents from Poppa and Nana. Benjamin loved ripping into that bag, he got new monkey pajamas!

IMG_2271

Judith got a couple of things that were her favorite color.

IMG_2285

Friday:

Dad was moose hunting, no moose, while the Blessings and I prepared the house and some food for Christmas Eve dinner with friends.

Benjamin and I peeling sweet potatoes.

IMG_2335

He loves to help, if only we could harness that energy, I might accomplish more each day.

IMG_2336

When December 25th falls on Sunday we just get up on Christmas Eve and treat that morning as present opening time.

Benjamin was our resident present opening helper. He likes to help.

IMG_2393

 

Levi got a surprise that Daddy brought back from the lower 48.

IMG_2439

Elisabeth opening gifts.

IMG_2462

Judith

IMG_2469

Judith helping Benjamin.

IMG_2480

I found Benjamin a LEGO headlamp, which is super cute.

IMG_2489

We had a visit from this sweet baby girl, she is so precious.

IMG_2551

I missed not having the big Thanksgiving shindig we normally have so we went a little bigger on Christmas Eve and had a few people over.

Here we are today, Christmas Day is almost over. The pictures are now uploaded, we spent the morning at church as a family and lunch at a friend’s house and home to crash and then play a new game. Benjamin is now in bed and as soon as he is asleep I plan on finding my pjs and off to bed I will go.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full Christmas weekend! I love it when Christmas falls on a Sunday. We still open our presents that morning, the boys get up super early, so we still had time to get ready for church at 10:30. Loved it.

    Blessings!
    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very fun-filled Christmas time for you all. I'm tired just looking at your photos. teehe. What is that special gift that Levi is opening anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like a great time. So glad it was such a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like y'all have been having lots of fun!!! So glad you got to meet a blogging friend. I have loved being able to do that!

    Happy New Year!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete