Sunday, December 4, 2011

December Already?

Wow, I cannot believe that it is December already. December started quite enjoyably with mild temperatures that were a relief from the -35 degree temperatures we were experiencing in November. I woke up this morning to the electricity coming back on and the wind howling. When I got out of bed I went straight to the front door to check the temperature, 45 above zero. Water was dripping off of the roof and the wind was still blowing but not too fast. This is not good, the temperature will drop below freezing tonight and all the melted snow and rain we have on the ground/road will be ice. On top of this, there is snow in the forecast, blizzard condition snow. Out of eighteen years here we have only had ice like this about four times, but two years in a row?  I am not used to such thing weather.
The Blessings and I stayed home from church today, Judith is sick and the roads not so friendly. It is always weird for us when we do not go to church. I normally hold to the "If I do not go to church, I do not go anywhere else" philosophy, but today I did venture out to get a couple of grocery items that we could just not do without or make at home. The roads were slick in spots but mainly just wet at that point in the day, I wouldn't want to be out on the roads tomorrow morning.



Update on my FIL:
He is doing pretty good and it looks as though he should get to go home sometime this week.

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of you and this warm up. I hope that the weather settles down for you all. I'm also sorry to hear your little girl was sick. I hope it doesn't spread. Oh, just let us all just stay well though the holidays! (All winter, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your FIL is doing better and gets to go home soon. Wow, 46, that is pretty warm. I can completely understand about things melting and becoming a problem. I hope it's not too slick out by you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was out today (Tues) and had quite a few little slip and slide moments still. UGH! I can't believe I am praying for more snow so that the roads get better. My brain can't quite grasp that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy. That's weather I don't miss. I do miss the snow, though. We had a couple of inches yesterday, but it's gone today. Bleah.

    ReplyDelete