Wednesday, December 7, 2011

And Today...

Today we were busy with a rescheduled piano lesson, baking cookies for after Christmas in Ice tomorrow and a little cleaning thrown in there for good measure. Somewhere in there we were able to wrangle dinner out of the fridge/freezer in time to clean up and make it to church.
Levi played the offertory special, he played "It is Well". I do not video or take pictures anymore when the kids play at church. But when they play at the nursing facility on Friday I will video and take pictures galore!
Christmas shopping, I don't enjoy shopping so I did my first shopping tonight online, the rest I will plan on picking up here locally next week. I don't really even enjoy shopping online but I prefer online to in store most of the time. Thankfully, we aren't the buy the big "whatever is the have to have item" shoppers. My kids ask for things like walkie talkies, craft supplies, baking supplies, new hats, ammunition, sports equipment and Carhartt pants and Benjamin just likes it all, but hey, he's two. But next week he will be three!
The roads are not as horrible as they could have been, the blizzard that was forecasted did not come to fruition but boy did we have some powerful winds. I think the wind was recorded at 50 something mph at the airport, crazy weather I tell ya! But we have settled back down to below freezing temperatures and I can honestly say that I hope they stay there until breakup in the spring.
Tomorrow morning, I hope to hit the ground running by giving the house a really quick run through of picking up and quick cleaning. Tomorrow should be a really good day.

2 comments:

  1. Cookies were awesome by the way! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going well. Glad there was no blizzard. We get 50mph winds here too.
    I always feel like like things are going to blow away. :)

    ReplyDelete