Monday, December 12, 2011

Here I am!

I know everyone has been waiting for the picture of my sliding on the ice slide at the ice park. Ok, I actually know that you are not waiting but since you are here then you get to see my crazy self going down the slide. See Levi at the top of the slide, he pushed hard!

Sorry about the not so great picture, we are enduring the darkest part of the year and the temperatures are mild, which means we have cloud cover, which means we do not have much sunlight right now, which means I am a little sunlight deprived, which explains this crazy sentence structure.

me and tammy ice slide

As you can see, I am not a stick in the mud Mom. I am a wild and crazy, spontaneous, fun-loving Mom. See, this pictures proves it! What I like most about this picture, my mouth is wide open (I must be squealing) and my friend’s hair is flying in the breeze. I think homeschool  lack of sunlight makes you a bit wonky. Must be why the ice park people build slides at the ice park. They actually build the slides so the parents will pay to get into the ice park to expend some of that  energy that the children somehow still have even with the lack of sunlight.

7 comments:

  1. I was waiting for a picture. :) I love it, it looks like so much fun. I hope you get some sunlight soon, I wouldn't like that too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonky...yes, I agree.

    I shoveled the driveway...the whole stinkin' driveway...today, for "fun".

    I am doing what you said, counting the days til' solstice, and waiting to catch those magic rays of sunshine again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, yes, you are a fun mom. That is one steep hill! How long is this thaw supposed to last? Did it make the roads terrible? Second, I am glad you have a partner in crime to share these crazy times with. I am counting the days, too. I don't like the lack of sunshine and I am sure I get more than you. I am taking vitamin D again this winter. I think it helped last winter. I would love a sun lamp, but not for what they charge for them. Glad you posted, finally. hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good sport, Melissa. BTW, I really like the new pictures in your header. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is the kind of winter my kids are wishing for! We have no snow. Is this really Minnesota? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally slide down that slide - looks like great fun!

    Great pics up top too!

    Sharity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melissa,
    It's so nice to get to know you :) I read several of your commenters blogs above also! It's a small world.

    I'm looking forward to sharing our Good Morning Girls session with you!

    How fun to slide on ice, too! I'm not able to do those types of things anymore with my back disease, but I am blessed when I see other moms spending that special time with their children.

    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete