Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lemon Scones and a Taste Tester

When I saw this recipe for Mini Lemon Cream Scones I knew I had to try them. If you want a great picture look there because she can take good pictures. Someday I will have a different camera and take good pictures.

102_3299
Benjamin liked them, he asks for one every day!
102_3298
I also made bread and thought I would add a picture here. I think I have finally found the right recipe since I have had to adjust to the larger mixer. Saturday was a full kitchen afternoon; scones, bread, dinner and chocolate pudding (homemade of course).
102_3302

6 comments:

  1. I love baking! :) If it's not too much trouble will you post your bread recipe? I'm always looking for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks yummy, except I don't like lemon. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the bread all one batch? My mixer only does about 2 loaves at a time, but that is all we can eat before it starts to go stale. Do you guys eat it all super fast? If not, how do you keep it fresh...or is AK so totally different from TX that I will be able to leave bread out for more than 2 days without it getting little green spots....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe makes about 5-6 loaves of bread. Each loaf is about a pound and a half. I keep a loaf or two out and the rest goes in the freezer for the week. Easier to pull it out of the freezer than to make bread. This way am only making bread once a week. I used to only be able to make two loaves of bread until I upgraded mixers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love homemade bread! And your scones look so tasty too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I love those days in the kitchen...I'm tired at the end, but very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete