Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bird Watching Without a Camera

So, I have been enjoying a lot of bird sightings this weekend. First, about 3 years ago my wonderful husband and the Blessings made a bird nesting house. This house has hung outside for all this time with no birds choosing to make their home there. Well, a chickadee has decided to nest in there!!! Yippee! I think those natural bird feeders have something to do with this. We will have baby chickadees.
Then, yesterday while I was hanging my first load of laundry on the clothes line for the season, we saw seven eagles soaring overhead...so lovely.
This morning when I lifted the shade before making my bed I noticed two birds flying over, ducks, they made a couple of passes over our house before landing in the empty lot next to ours. 
Now I am waiting for those robins to return so I can see them dining in our yard every morning.....

4 comments:

  1. Sounds nice. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chickadees!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seven Eagles!! I have only seen two eagles in my life: one at a nature preserve in Florida and one at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are very spoiled here with eagle sightings...some nest right near our house.

    ReplyDelete