Sunday, December 19, 2010

Whew!

This weekend flew by! Benjamin had his two year well child check on Friday morning and  after appointment the Blessings and I hung out at Wal-Mart while my husband had a project to take care of, then we went out for lunch because we were all famished. Then, a quick trip into Joanne's for me before heading home. Once we returned home I spent some time on the couch with my wonderful husband and I didn't have to cook dinner since we had a late lunch, every one grabbed something as they became hungry. Later on I made the peanut butter part of peanut butter balls and the peppermint pattie part of peppermint patties.
Saturday my wonderful husband and the older Blessings went Christmas shopping for "my" gifts so I was home alone with the little fella. Once he went down for his nap I started dipping peanut butter balls. Once the big kids and my wonderful husband came home I started making dinner which was chicken fried moose, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and biscuits. Once the kitchen was cleaned up from dinner I finished dipping peanut butter balls and dipped the peppermint patties. Then another kitchen clean up while my wonderful husband and the Blessings kept Benjamin busy and they picked up around the house and my husband vacuumed the entire house. I love that man! Then all the Sunday clothes were picked out and Benjamin bathed. I then went to bed while everyone wrapped my presents! I got up and packed away all the chocolate covered goodies and turned out the lights and went to sleep.
In between church services, Elisabeth baked chocolate chip cookies with nuts for a couple at church and I made more orange fudge and plain ole fudge. While Elisabeth finished baking cookies and Levi and Judith spent time searching the globe with Google Earth, I slipped off to the couch for a short nap while Benjamin was napping.
Now, everyone else is in bed and I am right behind them all.
Tomorrow? NO SCHOOL and laundry! AND, we will make the gingerbread for our annual gingerbread house. Pray for me, we decided on a replica of our house, so I have to make the patterns myself this year!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a joyful time for all! I love peanut butter balls. I have a friend who makes them and gives me my fix each year. If she ever stops, I will need your recipe!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy lady!!! That's what I need to be like today too...the girls are sick, so I need to be cleaning & baking like crazy busy. I love all your kiddo Christmas photos on your header too!

    That's me too, I'm sure I just haven't found my nitch yet...maybe by the time I'm 70, and then I'll be too tired to do anything. lol

    Have a very Merry Christmas up there. Blessings to you and yours!

    ps - I still need to show Jeff your husband's photos below, he'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got your message about the bedding. Be sure to e-mail me if you decide to part with it.
    alarsen [at] homespun-threads [dot] com.
    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. December 24: Just popping in to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete