Sunday, December 26, 2010

The 2010 Gingerbread House



I purposefully waited until close to Christmas Day to get the gingerbread house made. I had not intended to be working on the gingerbread house on the 23rd and the 24th. But, it was what it was. As I said a couple of posts ago...it was a wonky week.
Ta Da, here she is....OUR HOUSE in gingerbread. I drafted the pattern pieces and My Wonderful Husband got the roof pattern pieces just right. The girls and I rolled and cut out and baked gingerbread pieces. All the Blessings and I assembled the house and the Blessings decorated. Dad built a couple of temporary supports for the roof and she was finished! I am very pleased with this family project. Benjamin ate the gingerbread and candy after it was all finished!




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. You win the award for the most patient woman in the world! :) How did you do that. I made and decorated gingerbread men once, and that was too much for me. I like to just bake and be done with it. What fun for your children, though.
    God bless,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. I'm so glad you left a comment, so I have your new blog addy now. HSB left me confused in all their changes. With so many changes in my life I couldn't see through the mess of HSB to blog again until now. I changed my last post a bit - probably just as you were putting in your comment. The jist of it is the same, I think.

    ReplyDelete