Friday, December 3, 2010

Our week

After Thanksgiving  one of the Blessings come down with a cold, then the Baby Blessing began coughing....then Saturday another Blessing came down with the cold, and Sunday morning, the last Blessing fell. Sitting in church with none of my family members on Sunday morning was odd! My husband left Monday morning to work out of town this week and guess what I heard over the phone while talking to him? Yep, the same cold. Monday night before heading to bed it was my turn!  By today(Friday) Levi, Elisabeth and Judith are all feeling better and their energy levels have returned. They will be shooed out the door tomorrow to play for sure.

Shew! What a week...Monday I did read a history lesson and gave the Blessings some mapwork that wasn't too taxing. Lots of resting that day by all of them. Tuesday we managed no school work and on Wednesday we got in two subjects. Thursday we did a little more...I am glad that they never get "behind" with make up work, we get it all accomplished even though it might not be like the institution's standards.

Today, the older Blessings and I ventured out to return overdue library books and get some food. I had planned to go to two stores but by the time we finished at Sam's I was unable to shop at another store, guess I wasn't feeling that great after all. After I returned home and ate dinner I have felt much better. And I can breathe!!!! I am very hopeful that after a good night's sleep I might feel much better tomorrow and may even make it to church on Sunday, my husband and Benjamin? They are iffy.

The tree is up and what a help my Blessings are at their current ages, they got the tree out of the box and put together and all I had to do was fluff and add more lights. Then they started with the ornaments. Of course I didn't take pictures yet, maybe when all the decorations are up we can get pictures taken. But we did get our Christmas cards ordered and they are addressed, now I am just waiting for stamps to arrive and we are set. I wanted to get these taken and ordered last weekend because Sam's Club had a great sale price on these and sometimes a deadline is just what I need to get something done quickly.  I am not a great photographer and I only have a point and shoot camera but the subject matter is outstanding so they make up for my insufficiency!

Maybe next week we will be well enough to bake cookies!



2 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd agree that they are beautiful subjects! Sorry you had colds to deal with. I sat in front of a hacking, sick child in church yesterday, so I am probably in for it again. I really love the header photo you have used here. As for going to Blogger, you'd probably have less stress! :-)
    I have not tried to import my HSB blog yet, which will probably cause me to rethink what I just said to you! Orange fudge! Yes, I think I recall you posting about that long ago, right? I am looking for a simple, easy recipe with no thermometers or dropping balls into water. Is your recipe easy? :-)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!!!

    I'm sorry y'all have been sick. We have been here too - though a stomach bug. Yuck! Hope you are all feeling better soon!

    Blessings
    Leslie

    PS Trying out a new blog.

    http://joyfulmotherofsixchildren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete