Thursday, December 2, 2010

The beginning of the season

December is beginning here with colds had by all, all six of us either have a cold or are getting over a cold. This makes for a slow beginning to the month. On Saturday, I made my annual trip through the "hole" that goes under our house to set aside all the Christmas boxes so my husband can go under and hand them all up to me. We left out the extra table that we set up for our Thanksgiving festivities as a staging area for the boxes and bags.  And there they sat! I woke up on Tuesday morning with my cold symptoms. I had done something on Monday but I don't remember what. I did attempt to do something else on Tuesday, which was just garland and lights in the dining room.

Wednesday came and I decided that I had to do something no matter how I felt, so I sucked it up and started getting the decorations ready for over the kitchen cabinets. I had eager helpers and I actually got more accomplished today than the first two days combined. For that I am thankful. The tree isn't up but the Blessings set up the trees in their rooms. They do such a great job. The only had access to the first layer of ornaments so they will keep adding as the decorating goes on.

                                            

I hope to get the tree at least set up tomorrow, time will tell.

Here is a glimpse of what is going on above the kitchen cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment