Friday, September 3, 2010

What does school look like around here?

Well, everyday around here seems to be a little different.

Since starting school I have been waking the big kids up for breakfast and now they are all pretty much used to it because everyone was up and at 'em to tell Daddy good bye before he left for his moose hunt this morning.

After breakfast the kids get themselves ready for the day (morning chore pack).

Then, we all gather for what I have begun calling MORNING MEETING. In which we read the Bible, pray and practice our memory verses.  During this time our little adventurer (one man wrecking crew!) sits on my lap. After we finish, I read our History lesson and any read alouds.  Little fella has "blanket play time" while I read aloud.

After this the kids begin working on their individual school work. We should be able to start using our workboxes next week if I can do some work over the weekend.

Working in her new timeline notebook. Okay, after looking at this picture, this is not her book, she was looking at a siblings book.



By 11:30 Benjamin is getting hungry and sleepy so I get him eating lunch and down for a nap. The big kids do their household chore pack before lunch, then lunch and a little free time.

Then they finish up any unfinished school work.

We have some scheduling kinks to work out still.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have found yourselves a good routine. When did you start school? (maybe I should look back). I always love looking at your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could have just a little more time before school starts for the day, I'd be set. But I am already getting up at 6 and that is my earliest! We are not doing our chores very well. I need to get them back to it before lessons. I have been letting them go outside because it is the coolest time to explore the yard. In the afternoons we are all too tired and it is too hot anyway! All that is changing though. Sounds like you are managing your one-man-wrecking-crew well. Toddlers are a challenging force. :-) But adorable!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete