Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall

Fall here in Alaska is early and short and this year we have had the blessing of a warm fall. It is the third week of September and I am still wearing short sleeves during the middle of the day. Jackets are needed early morning and evening.

The kids had fun the other evening playing in our small leave pile, which has since grown due to more fallen leaves.



Throwing the leaves, this was thought a hilarious thing to Benjamin. He loved it! I enjoyed sitting out taking picture after picture of the leaf  throwing, raking and jumping activities. I am so glad my children love being outside.

This was one of those storybook evenings. Even with all the leaves in my hair.

We tried to do a group shot but as you can see we didn't get a great one, between closed eyes, uncooperative dog, busy toddler---it just didn't happen.



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the add. I look forward to reading your blogs. Love the fall pics. We don't have many fall leaves in Florida. That is one thing I miss about living up north.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what sweet youngins'! Hard to beleive they are this big.

    Fall is absolutely beautiful this year. Northern Lights were out so bright last night, along with a big bright moon. Unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those are GREAT pictures!!! Love all the leaves being thrown in the air. Great memories in the making! It sounds like you have been having a nice fall...ours...cool & rainy.

    You need a cbox dear so we can just pop in with short one-liners any time of the day. :)

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who had a better time, me or them?
    I will have to think about a cbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are expecting record highs again in the 90's today. I am really wishing for fall to come. Knowing Indiana, we will have a few weeks of fall and then go right into winter and stay there until May. :-/ I wonder if there are any good jobs for CPA's up in AK? :-) I can dream...
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, still the 90's...We have drastically cooled down since Tuesday. No more 65 degrees for us here, yesterday I think the high was 53 or so. Here comes the snow (in a month)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pics! I've wanted to do a shot like the first one for years (and never have *blush*). Enjoy your fall. It was in the mid-90s here today! I am ready for cooler weather!

    Blessings
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pictures. I'm looking forward to reading more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete