Friday, April 30, 2010

Browning Ground Meat in a Crock Pot

I read this information a few months ago about browning ground meat, in my case moose, in the crock pot. One thing I really dislike about many crock pot recipes is the browning of meat before putting into the crock pot. I am going to try this weekend for making sloppy joes for our first Sunday fellowship at church. I think I will add a little olive oil when I do this as we grind our own meat and add no fat.... Hopefully I will have a good report on Monday.
Dear Dad,
Sorry you had to read about ground moose today.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I've tried browning my ground moose in the crockpot several times and have never liked the end product--let me know how yours turns out. :) I do, however, enjoy the ease of browning a large foil pan of ground meat in my oven though--SUCH a timesaver!! I'll have to try your sloppy joes tonight. SSC

    ReplyDelete