Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nitty Gritty

When I read today's post over at  The Pirate Mom Dot Com I knew I also had to post about homeschooling with a baby/toddler. When baby was born in December 2008, people kept asking me how I was going to homeschool with a baby. I honestly thought, DUH, you big dummy....babies eat, sleep and well, you know! But I did  not answer that way, I kindly said, "This year will be easy, NEXT year will be the challenge when he is mobile" Well, he is now mobile and while he is improving weekly in his listening skills and while he has graduated from getting into everything to only getting into half of everything.....
This is how our home looks during school. The chair is keeping Benjamin from escaping to the other parts of the house.
Photobucket Here is one working student and one standing??? student? Who knows what she is doing. Photobucket By the time I scan the room she is back to her work on the couch. Photobucket Tumbling mat tunnels are set up in hopes of occupying a few moments of his time. Photobucket But he would rather knock all the blocks into the floor and then sit at the table and play with what isn't on the floor. Photobucket But never fear, we clear out when the school work is all finished. Although there are always a few things around to remind me that we live here. Just like the piles surrounding the computer screen right now. Photobucket This chair might not be complete without the Bible, magnifying glass and 2009 M&M's calendar keeping it company.



Photobucket












Or the clean clothing left of the table since Benjamin was sleeping when it was folded so Levi could not put it away. Never mind that Benjamin has been awake for a couple of hours when this picture was taken. Honestly, that might just be expecting too much for an 11 year old boy to remember to put his clean clothes away an hour after he folded them and left them on the table.

Photobucket These pictures are in no related to this post but I am posting them here for Pa-Pa Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awww this made me cry.........I love him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete