Monday, January 8, 2007

Truth

Good Monday morning!


All is well here in Alaska with a temperature of -35 degrees. We are staying home today!!!  We will get a lot of school and household chores accomplished today as a result. So, we are quite joyfilled this morning and warm at home.


We start a new ladies Bible study every January at our church and this year the book we are using is "Lies Women Believe" by Nancy DeMoss. I have a quote from the first chapter. "Regardless of the immediate source, anytime we receive imput that is not consistent with the Word of God we can be sure Satan is trying to deceive and destroy us. What we read or hear my sound right, may feel right, may seem right- but if it is contrary to the Word of God, it isn't right?" (p.32)


How true this is, especially us as ladies, we need to know what the Word of God says so we know what the truth is, not just what some one tells us.


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...My...GOSH! -35 degrees?!?!


    I came very close to marrying a man who lived/lives in Alaska, but now I know why the Lord saw fit to send me my hubby... there's NO WAY this gal could live in -35 degree tempuatures!


    Bless you sister. You're a tougher woman than I am!


    Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog. If you can get out and walk in ALASKA surely to goodness I can make myself get out and walk here where it's +35 degrees!

    ReplyDelete