Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tuesday

I used a “box” curriculum for Kindergarten and First Grade for Levi and while he didn’t complain, it just wasn’t the education I wanted for my Blessings. After much self-education on options and philosophies I began piecing our curriculum together. Some years were good, some were great and others were overwhelming.

This year I needed a little help and after much research and review reading I decided to plunge into a box again, BUT a different kind of box. The Trailguide to Learning box, Path of Settlement to be exact. We are enjoying our journey so far and someday I will write a complete review.

Art has always been an area that I have neglected. Talk about good intentions…

Now it is written into the schedule and we have art lessons on a regular basis.

This week…splatter and stencil art with watercolor.

001

They spent an hour or so working on their art work.

002003005006007008009010012

Elisabeth got splatter painted on her face!

016

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Splatter face too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to your review. I neglect art too. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you will share "what" art program you have chosen to use :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are using a simple Klutz watercolor book that came with our program. It has been great so far.

      Delete
  4. It looks like some good curriculum. So glad you found something that is working for you.

    ReplyDelete