Monday, September 3, 2012

First Day of School

 

We began our 2012-2013 school year today, yes, I know it was Labor Day. Dad was moose hunting so Labor Day isn’t a big day for our family. And this year our fall weather has hit full force.

Elisabeth having breakfast.

001

Judith reading a book to Benjamin before breakfast.

003

Emmy’s first day of school photo, yep, she is excited.

008

Benjamin was happy to start school, he played with clay.

012014

Working girls

020

Benjamin pretending to be Mommy

021

024

My students, this was a great beginning day to our school year.

027

Art on the first day of school? Yep, amazing I know.

I really enjoyed our first day with Paths of Settlement from Trailguide to Learning from Geography Matters. This is the curriculum that I would write if I could get my thoughts together. Levi is hanging out with us today and he will work through most of this with us in addition to other things he will be working on.

028029030033

Benjamin painted for the very first time today, he was thrilled. He will have to paint more often.

035036

My pile at the end of the day.

041

The Blessings cleaned up pretty well after school

042

I got my things cleaned up and in a bag for tomorrow. Looking forward to living on a schedule once again.

044

4 comments:

  1. It's definitely been good for us to be back on our schedule too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year!! I just love being in this stage of homeschooling. We just seem to fall back into a routine and chug along without too much hassle. Looks like you do the same! Benjamin looks like a future artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good start back to school. Glad it went so well.

    ReplyDelete